We have bought 1/4 beef twice now from Jeff…. it is the finest beef we have ever had! Thanks Jeff for the great meat and the outstanding service! God bless you!
– happy customer
The McKinney family’s beef business began in 1994 with four steers on our five acres in Sedalia, Colorado. Selling to family and close friends, we discovered what health benefits and pride came with raising our own beef. In 1998, McKinney Land and Cattle Company, LLC was formed and our beef business expanded. Our family moved to a ranch in South East Castle Rock and obtained area leases to raise more beef. The passion continued to grow in all of our hearts. In 2012, we moved from the West to central Kentucky where we run a cow/calf operation full time.
Currently, we specialize in Angus grass-fed and grain-finished steers in both Kentucky and Colorado. McKinney Land and Cattle Company involves our entire family. All four children ages 18 to 11 participate. Believing hard work builds character, muscles, and dark summer tans, all of our children contribute in this family endeavor.
- We raise our beef the old fashioned way – natural, prairie grass at the beginning and finish them out with good, clean grain.
- Our cattle usually weigh around 1,100 pounds at time of processing.
- Our cattle are never given steroids or growth hormones.
- Your beef will be custom processed by a USDA-FSIS approved and inspected butcher and packaged for your family’s needs.
- Available in quarters, halves, or whole.
We value and love our customers. Our goal is not just customer satisfaction, but customer enjoyment of each bite. Thank you for sharing in this passion with us. We love what we do and we are grateful you are a part of our family.